This policy describes the ways we collect, store, use and protect your personal information. You accepted this policy when you signed up for our Service.
We may amend this policy at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it.
We last modified this Policy on December 1, 2015
How we collect information about you
When you visit the CyberValley website, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website. If you open a CyberDollar account, we collect the following types of information from you:
- Contact information - your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information.
- Financial information - any bank account numbers that you link to your CyberValley account.
Before permitting you to use our Service, we may require you to provide additional information we can use to verify your identity or address or manage risk, such as your date of birth, social security number or other information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
When you are using our Service, we collect information about your account transactions and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention purposes.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term '|personal information'| to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- send you targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How we share personal information with other CyberValley users
To process your payments, we need to share some of your personal information with the person or company that you are paying or is paying you. Your contact information, date of sign-up, the number of payments you have received from verified CyberValley users, and whether you have verified control of a CyberDollar account are provided to other CyberValley users who you transact with through CyberValley.
If you are buying goods or services and pay through CyberValley, we may also provide the seller with your confirmed address to help complete your transaction with the seller. The seller is not allowed to use this information to market their services to you unless you have agreed to it.
We work with merchants to enable them to accept payments from you through CyberValley. In doing so, a merchant may share information about you with us, such as your email address, when you attempt to pay that merchant. We use this information to confirm to that merchant that you are a CyberValley customer and that the merchant should accept payment for your purchase.
Regardless, we will not disclose your CyberDollar account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you through CyberValley, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena or other legal process.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Members of the CyberValley Inc. corporate family to provide joint content and services, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
CyberValley will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
How you can restrict CyberValley from sharing your personal information
Federal and state laws allow you to restrict the sharing of your personal information in certain instances. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict other types of sharing. Because we have chosen to refrain from data sharing, there is no personal information sharing for you to restrict.
How you can access or change your personal information
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by notifying your CyberValley Agent of any required changes; or to review what information we have stiored offline.
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us by email or write to us at CyberValley Inc., 4000 Legato Rd, Suite 1100 Fairfax, VA 22033.